Sunday, July 29, 2012

Try It One More Time

I have two daughters. Monkey is 5 and Bug is 2. They are complete and total opposites in just about every way. My 5 year old is quite the picky eater, whereas my 2 year old is a garbage disposal.

About a year ago, we had had my in-laws over for lunch. We went over to Subway and picked up sandwiches and brought them back to our house to eat. Bug (at the time was 1) will eat ANYTHING she can get her hands on. She was walking around scavenging anything that she could off of everyone's plates. As she came up to my brother-in-law's plate she found a slice of jalapeno. Bug swiped it off the plate and ran away before we could stop her.

Maybe I am a bad mom, but I saw potential comic value in this situation so I didn't try to stop her when she put the jalapeno slice in her mouth. I was not disappointed. Bug took a bite and got a mouthful of juice. She made the funniest baby bitter beer face I have ever seen. She promptly grabbed the jalapeno out of her mouth and gave it back to my brother-in-law. All of us couldn't help but laugh.

3 Minutes Later...

The little jalapeno thief showed up again. She grabbed the slice and ran away. I wasn't sure what was going to happen this time around since she already had experienced that taste the first time around. Sure enough... *BITE* and again with the bitter beer face. Bug quickly returned the jalapeno again.

1 Minute Later...

Rinse and repeat.

After the third round we finally decided that this game needed to end. We were worried that she was going to get jalapeno juice on her face or eyes. We thought that she might learn to not put anything and everything in her mouth after that less than pleasant experience. That is definitely not the case. One year later, there is still a natural motion from her hand to her mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment