Sunday, December 16, 2012

It's A Date

Monkey and I went to a birthday party for her best friend at school. Friend's mom and I were talking. She told me a funny story.

Earlier in the week, her daughter brought home a piece of paper with five numbers on it and Monkey's name. She gave it to her mom and said that it was Monkey's number. Her mom was confused. It didn't look like an address, and there was not enough numbers for it to be a phone number. Her daughter insisted it was still Monkey's number and they are supposed to meet at Monkey's house to play.

During our conversation, the mother told me the numbers. 12345*. I just laughed. That was our house number. Monkey had given her friend our house number (no street) and told her to come over and play. They had it all worked out. They just had to figure out how to get the friend to our house.

If this is any indication of how things will go as she gets older, I am going to be a very busy mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment