Monday, December 17, 2012

Not Quite Camping

My parents moved into a smaller house recently. We are "storing" some of their stuff. One of the things that we currently have is a fire pit for the backyard. A few weeks ago we had some friends over to hang out, enjoy some drinks, and warm up by the fire. Monkey was completely taken with the fire. She sat and chatted with our friends. They were both completely amazed by her mature conversation.

The following weekend Monkey asked if we could do a fire again. We got some firewood from my parents and lit the fire. In order to keep the girls a safe distance from the fire, I laid down a blanket. They got their blankies and pillows and snuggled up to lay by the fire.

It was relaxing and fun. It was nice to spend some time as a family. It wasn't camping, but it was the next best thing. It also made me realize that I haven't been camping in YEARS. Bear hasn't been camping in slightly fewer years. And as sad as it is... my kids have NEVER been camping. I think that needs to be remedied. I know Monkey would be a little princess and dislike the dirty part of camping. And Bug would be more than happy to run off into the woods with the animals and bugs. It would be a learning experience for all of us though, thats for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment