Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Whole Different Kid

I like to keep my hair short. Usually it is just a bit longer than than the bottom of my ears. Monkey's hair has always been very long. We have trimmed the ends a few times but nothing more than an inch or so. Yesterday all of that changed.

I have been trying to grow my hair out. Haven't even trimmed it in about seven months. I have just come to terms with the fact that I just like short hair better. I decided it was time for a hair cut. I thought it would be good for Monkey to get her hair trimmed too.

When we got to the salon/shop whatever you want to call it Monkey said she knew what haircut she wanted. She wanted short like me. That was way too short for my comfort. I suggested we just trim it. That was denied instantly. As we looked through the haircut books we came to a compromise. Shoulder length with bangs.

I was worried that she would regret such a drastic change. My worries were quickly squashed. As the stylist cut her hair, Monkey stole glances in the mirror. Only on Christmas Day have I ever seen her so lit up and happy. She made her first big girl decision and she loved the outcome. I got a bit teary eyed at the milestone moment.

My Monkey looks like a totally different kid now. It is crazy how much of a difference a haircut makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment