Thursday, October 11, 2012

Happy and Sad


This picture is one of the most telling pictures of my kids. Bug was only a month old when Monkey wanted to lay on the couch and snuggle her. I told her she could as long as A) Bug was on the pillow and up against the back of the couch and B) that Monkey didn’t lay ON her. As soon as Monkey laid down next to her, she draped one arm over her legs to half hug/snuggle her. Bug burst into tears. Monkey quickly backed off and covered her ears because she was so loud.
Two years later and I am still dealing with this scenario. Monkey wants to play, and Bug doesn’t and throws a fit. Or the other way around. They do love each other and about half the time they get along and play like BFF’s and other times… not so much. I do have to say though that I am both excited and terrified to see the relationship between my kids grow and evolve.

I guess all kids are half demon and half angel. Just gotta learn to go with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment