Friday, October 12, 2012

"I Got You"

Yesterday after I picked up the kids from daycare, we had to go to the store to pick up a few things. I told the girls that they had to sit in the cart because I didn't have Bear with me to help keep an eye on them, and I knew the store would be busy. When we got out of the car I put both girls in the kid's seat in the cart. The cart was extra wide and could fit both of them up front.

As we walked through the parking lot, the cart bounced and jiggled because the pavement was not very smooth. Monkey said "Mom, I am so high up off the ground I think my flip flops might fall off."

Bug then reached over and put her left hand on Monkey's chest and said "I got you!"

Monkey started to tell Bug to stop touching her when I explained to her that Bug was trying to hold her back so she wouldn't fall. Bug translated what Monkey had said to mean that she was afraid SHE was going to fall out of the cart, so she was helping keep her sister safe.

We got into the store and Bug put her hand down and we went about our shopping. Once we got back onto the uneven terrain of the parking lot, Bug instantly put her hand back on Monkey's chest.

Sometimes my kids make me crazy, but its moments like this that I think matter the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment