Saturday, October 27, 2012

Love Bug

Bug makes me crazy most of the time. But I know deep down underneath the tantrums and the trouble is one of the sweetest kids I know. In the last two nights she has shown me two different examples of her compassion for other people.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Friday night we went to Monkey's school for the Fall Festival. There were games, food, silent auctions, face painting, and even a petting zoo. We got tickets and went on in. One of the first things the girls wanted to do was get their faces painted. Monkey got a pink sparkly heart and Bug got a sparkly blue heart.
As we walked away from getting their faces painted, I was carrying her while we figured out what to do next. Bug looked at my face and said "Heart mom?" I told her that I didn't get one. She just said "Oh" and put her head down on my shoulder. After a few seconds, she lifted her head back up and the following conversation occurred..

Bug: There mom!

Me: What where?

Bug: *wipes her cheek on my shoulder* There go mom!

Me: Whats that?

Bug: Heart you mom! *big grin*

Me: Oh thank you baby! Thats very nice of you to share your face heart with me.

Bug: Uh huh! I love you mom!

She then gave me kisses and we continued about the night.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Tonight (Saturday) we went to my parents' church for trick or treating, games, and some AMAZING chili. After everyone was done eating, it was time for Trunk-Or-Treat time. For those of you that don't know, Trunk or treat is trick or treat around the parking lot. People decorate their cars and set up games. It is very fun and easily controlled.

Anywho... back to the story...

Monkey and Bug were going around to each stop with big smiles and lots of "trick or treat"s and "thank you"s. We got to one car and Bug got to the front first. She said her cute little two year old "trick or treat!" and grabbed two pieces of candy instead of the one that she was supposed to take. I started to correct her and tell her to take only one, but I stopped myself. She turned around to Monkey and dropped one of the candies in her bucket, and took the other one for herself. Then she said "Ok lets go!" and the two of them ran off together to the next stop.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I have to say that I am very proud of her and her love for other people. I hope that she stays as considerate and loving when she gets older.

No comments:

Post a Comment